We recently got the Traklight team together for a Traker BBQ to celebrate all our hard work over the past year. Unfortunately, not all of our Trakers could make it, as we have a couple in some far away places (specifically Montana and Pennsylvania). So in an effort to try to include everyone, Becky (our Montana Traker) graciously shared her infamous Spinach and Artichoke Dip - the recipe for which she agreed to share with all of you. Mind you, this is her intellectual property (based off a CPK recipe). ;)
Becky Johnson's Modified Spinach and Artichoke Dip (based off a CPK recipe)
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cup heavy table cream
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup sour cream
2 cups fresh spinach
1 jar (approx 6 ounces) artichoke hearts
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Dice onion. Set aside.
- Dice spinach leaves & artichoke hearts into small pieces. Set aside. (I usually use a couple of quick pulses on the food processor to do this.
- In a deep skillet, over medium heat, warm the olive oil and melt the butter
- Add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 2 minutes longer, stir frequently so the onion & garlic do not burn.
- Sprinkle the flour, stirring continuously, until it turns a golden-blond color, 10-15 minutes.
- Slowly pour in the stock and stir with a whisk until mixed & smooth.
- When the mix begins to simmer, stir in the table cream. Let it return to the simmer.
- Remove from the heat, add parmesan, bouillon, lemon juice, and sugar, then sour cream, spinach, artichokes, and cheese. Stir until the ingredients are combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately.
Serve with: tortilla chips or veggie tray